Fenugreek contains Saponins that help reduce body’s cholesterol absorption from fatty foods. Studies also show saponins to play a role in reducing cholesterol production especially the LDL. Research shows fenugreek significantly reduces cholesterol concentration.
Amino acid (4HO-lle) found in fenugreek possesses anti-diabetic properties such as Enhancing insulin secretion under hyperglycaemic conditions & Increasing insulin sensitivity. Research shows the potential of 4HO-lle as an adjunct to treatment of both type 1 as well as type 2 diabetes.
Fenugreek is an effective heartburn or acid reflux remedy. It is a thermogenic herb that suppresses appetite, increases energy in short term, and modulates carbohydrate metabolism, thus aiding in weight loss. Fenugreek complements diet and exercise for weight loss.
Studies report the significant positive effect of fenugreek on physiological aspects of male libido and assists in maintaining healthy testosterone levels. In a study of 60 healthy men between 25 and 52, placebo for 6 weeks of 1200mg Testofen (fenugreek extract and mineral formulation) significantly increased arousal and orgasm in subjects.
1) They are rich in Vitamins such as:
· Folic acid
· Vitamin A, B6 and C
2) Fenugreek Seeds are a storehouse of mineral such as:
3) Fenugreek leaves are a rich source of Vitamin K as well.
4) Fenugreek seeds are rich source of:
5) The seeds also contain a lot of saponins and fibers that could account for many health benefits of fenugreek.